Besides the normal stressors of life, most of us are dealing with much more than we’re used to (darn you Covid!).
You may be feeling anxious, overwhelmed and super short on time. With all that you have to get done in a day and all the people who rely on you, doing a workout may be the LAST thing on your daily to-do list (if it’s even ON your list!).
But….getting up and moving may be the single best natural remedy to prevent and treat your anxiety and stress.
- Reduces muscle tension which reduces feelings of anxiety.
- Gets anti-anxiety, feel-good neurochemicals like endorphins, dopamine, and serotonin circulating through your body.
- Can improve sleep which is often disrupted by stress.
- Can improve alertness and concentration, and enhance overall brain function.
- Gives your mind a break from the things that are stressing you out.
Don’t go crazy.
You don’t have to workout out for hours a day to get these benefits. No one has that kind of time AND it’s not necessary!
Figure out the types of physical activity you enjoy and do some each day. Aim for activities that get your heart rate up and make you break at least a light sweat.
This could be walking fast, jogging, dancing to your favorite high-energy tunes, or doing one of my 30-minute HIIT or strength workouts. As long as it gets your heart pumping a bit more and you’re enjoying it, it’s working!
You likely already know you’ll feel better after getting some exercise. Remember those feelings and use them as motivation to move your body every day.
It’s time to get up and move!
You got this. Start now!
Stay healthy y’all.